A comprehensive and modular Web3 Portal and Marketplace that offers the tokenizing and trading of real-world assets utilizing popular blockchain technologies.
Design Lead (Sole Designer)
– 0-1 Creation of Asset Digitization Platform
– Launched 3 clients on platform
– Lead to future NFT endeavors
– Created ecosystem for other AlphaPoint products
– Design Systems
– Client Engagement
AlphaPoint’s main aim is to facilitate the trading of assets that are typically difficult to buy and sell, such as real estate or fine art. The company has developed the AlphaPoint Asset Digitization (APAD) platform to achieve this goal, which allows businesses to convert these tangible assets into tokens that can be exchanged on a blockchain-based marketplace. This innovative process, referred to as tokenization, streamlines the buying and selling of these distinctive assets for investors.
By purchasing AlphaPoint’s software, any organization can create a customized digital asset exchange to convert “illiquid assets into liquid” tailored to their specific business needs.
I was the lead designer tasked with designing the platform from scratch, which involved creating a suite of digital tools that facilitate the creation and management of tokens using popular blockchain protocols while also providing a marketplace. The tools needed to be modular and to enable customizable brand identity, allowing companies to personalize the platform to their own user needs .
APAD was iterated over many releases for client-specific requirements and general platform development.
White-Label Digital Asset Exchange and Asset Digitization Tool
The APAD project was built out in three stages during my tenure at AlphaPoint. The first two phases were sponsored by clients with specific requirements. The first was LVSE (Las Vegas Stock Exchange) which focused on raising private equity for small companies. The second was Rainier, a company offering a broad assortment of tokens and crypto. While it is great for AlphaPoint to get paid while developing the APAD product, having to dive feet-first into specific use cases made it difficult to conceptualize the platform as a universal system.
We were spending a lot of effort developing unique features that wouldn’t be useful for other clients. It’s safe to say that focusing on a solid MVP would have been immensely beneficial as we would have been able to test the concepts and clean up all the bugs before launching the platform.
The third stage was when we were able to design APAD as a universal system. We took all the learnings from the first two client releases and created a plan for an MVP and relaunched the effort.
LVSE: Initiation of APAD Platform
LVSE was our first client that bought the APAD product. More specifically they were subsidizing our IP platform in a win-win scenario where they get the product at a discount but AlphaPoint developed the product to sell to other clients.
The above screens are some of the low-fidelity mockups. This particular project was where we really refined the functionality for APAD as a proof-of-concept. The time frame was short, so we focused mostly on business requirements and less on UI and performance.
Innovations for APAD:
- Entity Types (Operator, Issuer, Investor)
- UI per user types
- Creation of asset tokens
- Offering assets on an exchange to be traded
- Admin functionality
- How the system works with the backend
- Onboarding requirements
- Network performance
- Cap Tables and Whitelists
Entity Types and Tasks
As a generic white-label digital asset platform, APAD needs to provide multiple use cases for a variety of asset classes and entities. The diagram above shows the different tasks that the main user types perform with the platform.
Depending on how the operator wants to set up the exchange, the roles can shift between the operator and the issuer.
Breakdown of User Types:
- “Operators” – Run the exchange; help Issuers be successful
- “Issuers” – List and manage tokens; distribute assets to investors
- “Investors” – Invest in assets on the exchange
How this Comes Together Visually
- Quick example of how an asset token is created, listed on an exchange, and sold to an investor.
- More details below
Sign Up and Verification
- Secure sign up
- Workflows for KYC and AML
- Workflows for Verified Investors
- Token Marketplace
- Token Detail Page for Investors
- Investor Wallet Dashboard
- Issuer Asset Token Inventory
- Token Dashboard
- Token Creation Wizard
- Ad-hoc Token Transfers
- Operator view of all Issuers and Investors on Platform
- Investor Detail View
- Asset Token Template creation wizard
- Token Smart Basket/Index Wizard
Special Feature: Smart Baskets
- The idea is to combine multiple cryptocurrencies and digital assets into a single bundle
- Backed by RABT (Real Asset-Backed Tokens)
- The creation flow is to choose what assets go into the basket and then the percentages and number of tokens
- As prices fluctuate, the smart basket can be rebalanced
- Users who purchase Smart Baskets can redeem them to receive the individual tokens
- Designed and built a fully featured and modular asset digitization and exchange platform
- Three Clients bought into the APAD suite, helping to prioritize and define functionality
- The 3rd client, Elevated Returns built a final product representing digitized Real Estate assets.
- The product was paused, due to a lack of market fit, but the technology has evolved into a forthcoming NFT Product